Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2026

TFF #53 In the Books / Rate Those Films!

TFF #53 IN THE BOOKS




Here's your regularly scheduled post for a Thursday from MTFB with TFF #53 still pretty close in the rear view mirror.

***Overall thanks go to Larry and Mitzi Mallard who jumped in and upgraded our accommodations for the fest.  When in Telluride...stay at The River Club.

***Thanks to all you readers of MTFB.  There were a bunch of you and you were all so kind and particularly welcoming to my grandson who was making his first trip to TFF,    You're the reason...

***It seemed like the general conclusion was that TFF #53 was a very strong fest.  I suspect that The People's Poll and The MTFB Pro Poll will likely bare that out.  We'll see over the next ten days or so.

***How'd I do?  MTFB went 25 for 25 on the Final Bets with an additional three films making the lineup that I had listed as "possibilities".  Not bad for a rube from Oklahoma.

***I got really Shakespearian with my two favorite films being Elsinore and Into the Breach.  If Andrew Scott doesn't win the Best Actor Oscar this year, I will have words with someone.  Harsh, scathing words.

***I was shut out for a film at Telluride for the first time ever this year.  It felt like the "shut out discourse' was louder than ever this year, but that could have been that, having experienced it, I was more sensitive to it.


RATE THOSE FILMS!

I reminded folks while standing in lines this past weekend to rate the films for the MTFB People's Poll.  A reminder for how that works:

Report to me your assessment of each film on a 1-5 scale with 1 being "UGH!" and 5 being "GREAT".

Report your ratings to: mpgort@gmail.com 

The deadline for this year to turn in your ratings will be Sept. 15th.


I'll have more in Monday's regular post...but for now...still exhausted!



EMAIL:  mpgort@gmail.com

X (Twitter) @TheMTFB OR @Gort2 

Bluesky: @gort2.bsky.social

MTFB's Facebook Page

MTFB is published on Mondays and Thursdays

If you would like to be added to the MTFB e-mail list send an email to mpgort@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment