Thursday, September 6, 2012

Send in Your Ratings/Critic's Corner/50 K/5 Days in 2013

Good Thursday Everyone!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm finally kind of returning to a "normal" existence after the heady weekend that was TFF #39.

SEND ME YOUR RANKINGS



I have put together a Critic's scorecard for this year's festival that I am planning to unveil in tomorrow's post...see below.

But I'd also like to do a "People's Ratings" of this year's films.  So, please, join in!

Send ratings of all the films you saw 0-5 with 0 being "abysmal" and 5 being "fantastic".  I'll compile them and post "The People's Telluride" on Monday.  

Tell your friends, the more the merrier.

I'll cut off ratings at 9pm (EDT, 6pm PDT) Sunday, Sept. 9.

Send ratings to me via email : mpgort@gmail.com OR just "comment" here on the blog with your films and ratings.

This should be interesting and fun.

CRITIC'S CORNER



As mentioned above, I'm going to have a Critic's/Film Bloggers Scorecard of the Telluride 2012 films up on Friday.  I'm very excited about it.  Some really great people have agreed to participate: Sasha Stone/Awards Daily, Scott Feinberg/The Hollywood Reporter, Eugene Hernandez/Film Society of Lincoln Center and co-founder of IndieWire, Kris Tapley/InContention, Alex Billington/First Showing and Eugene Novikov of Film Blather.

It's an incredibly distinguished list and I feel very fortunate that they've agreed to be included.


50,000



Almost unnoticed by me as it was happening was the 50,000th view of Michael's Telluride Film Blog.  It happened sometime Saturday night into Sunday morning.

Now, I know that's small potatoes in the grand scheme of the Interweb...but it sounds big to me.

It's also a measure of the growth of MTFB that it happened over the weekend while the fest was happening. I had projected earlier in the summer that I thought that I'd get to 50,000 before Halloween.  So to get there a couple of months early was both surprising and gratifying.

Thanks Readers!

5 DAYS IN 2013



To reiterate the announcement from last week from the fest's poobahs...TFF #40 will be a 5 day affair...starting on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013.

And, as you might expect, preparations seem to already be underway or in the planning stages.

I happened to be on line Sunday morning behind two employees of The Academy...you know THE Academy.  They cryptically mentioned that work had already begun from their end on some special programming for next year's fest.

That's all they'd say...but it was enough to get me jazzed...

OK, I was also jazzed that I was minutes away from seeing Marion Cotillard in person...

But my "jazzedness" was increased.

How fast can you make a year go???

More later...

Follow me on Twitter @Gort2.

"Like" Michael's Telluride Film Blog on Facebook.

No comments: