Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Home Again/Greta and Noah/Consensus and What We Saw

Good Wednesday to All!

HOME AGAIN



I'm back in Oklahoma and writing this entry from my P.C. in my office.  It's nice to be in familiar surroundings but, as I'm sure you'll agree, it's also hard to make myself leave the magic of the Telluride Film Festival behind.  Nevertheless, the day looms and students will show up in my classroom expecting some education to happen so I'd better gird up!


GRETA AND NOAH



One of the best surprises of the SHOW this year, I thought anyway, was Noah Baumbach's "Frances Ha" which featured and was written by Greta Gerwig both of whom were in Telluride with the film.  Now, I have never been a big Baumbach fan but this film, which seems something of a departure for him, I liked it quite a lot.  The Art Director was even more enamored of the film than I was.

Now, I'm usually the guy that will stop some of "the talent" to strike up a conversation and not The Art Director but she ran across the couple on Colorado Ave. as I I was finishing a purchase of some gifts for our grandkids.  So imagine my surprise as I came out of the store to find her engaged in a rather animated discussion of the film and her admiration of it with both Gerwig and Baumbach.

So...I joined in.  It was fun.  They were kind.

Good movie.

CONSENSUS AND WHAT WE SAW



I have had a nice response to my request from various Film Bloggers/Critics to share their reactions to the films they saw this past weekend and I'm going to be able to publish that consensus on Friday.  I really pleased to tell you that included will be (as of this morning):  Kristopher Tapley/InContention, Sasha Stone/Awards Daily. Eugene Hernandez/Film Society of Lincoln Center and co-founder of IndieWire, Alex Billington/First Showing, Eugene Novikov/Film Blather and Scott Feinberg/The Hollywood Reporter.

I may have a couple more before I post on Friday.

AND...

I want you're ratings too!  Send me your ratings for the films you saw last weekend at TFF #39.  I'll compile those and post a "People's Ratings" next Monday.

Just rate each film you saw.  0 for just abysmal to 5 for perfection and we'll see how we peeps do in comparison.

Let's get everyone involved.  Call, email, tweet, Facebook your friends who were there and send those ratings in!

Email ratings to:
mpgort@gmail.com OR
michael_speech@hotmail.com

OR just leave me a comment here on the blog with your ratings.  Should be fun.

More later...

Follow me on Twitter @Gort2

"Like" Michael's Telluride Film Blog on Facebook

No comments: