Friday, July 11, 2014

Ten Bets #3/Birdman News from Venice/Dardennes Trailer with Marion/Unbroken Trailer Too

Good Friday everyone...Had a great last night in NYC last night as I got to meet the one and only Audra McDonald...who, some of you may know, I've got a thing for.  She was lovely.  Laughed at my lame jokes and signed my T-shirt (from the Shakespeare in the Park production of "Twelfth Night" in which she appeared and which I saw 5 years ago).


Photo courtesy of Kristy Patterson (who doesn't begrudge my adoration for Ms. M)

TEN BETS #3 2014

Here's last week's Ten Bets:

10) Coming Home
9) Winter Sleep
8) Red Army
7) The Roosevelts
6) Queen of the Desert
5) Foxcatcher
4) Leviathan
3) Two Days, One Night
2) Mr. Turner
1) Birdman

And this week's:

10) The Look of Silence
9) Red Army
8) Winter Sleep
7) Foxcatcher
6) The Roosevelts
5) Leviathan
4) Queen of the Desert
3) Mr. Turner
2) Two Days, One Night
1) Birdman



BIRDMAN FLIES TO VENICE




The announcement came from the Venice Film Festival yesterday: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's "Birdman" will open the Fest.  I had a number of people contact me to ask about what I thought the ramifications were vis-a-vis Telluride.  You can see from the "Ten Bets" above that I still feel very strongly that "Birdman" will make the trip just as "Gravity" did last year and "Black Swan" did in 2010.

Appended are a number of posts about the Venice announcement.  Some of them include a mention or two about Telluride and the rest of the fall festival season.




DARDENNES TRAILER WITH MARION




A new trailer appeared yesterday for the Dardennes Brothers new film "Two Days, One Night" starring Oscar winner Marion Cotillard.  I'm still bullish on its chances of playing T-ride (see above). You'll note that The Playlist agrees in their story.  Links to the trailer and stories here:




UNBROKEN TRAILER TOO




And also dropping a new trailer yesterday was Angelina Jolie's "Unbroken" which continues to get occasional mentions in a number of places that it could play Telluride.  Here's the link to the Variety story that includes the trailer:



More tomorrow including the Best of the Week...

No comments: