Tuesday, September 3, 2019

The People's Telluride / Home Again / The Professionals Telluride

Tuesday...360 Days...

THE PEOPLE'S TELLURIDE



The time has come...to all of you with an interest, for you followers of this space to express your collective evaluation of the films that made an appearance at the Telluride Film Festival.  As most of you know, I'd like you to rate the films you saw this past weekend on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being "Not So Good"  and 5 being "Glorious!"

As a matter of fact, I have several that came in overnight.  The ratings are afoot!

You can deliver your ratings using any of the contact methods listed below.

The cutoff date for submission for The People's Telluride is one week from today...so get those ratings in by Tuesday, Sept. 10th.


HOME AGAIN



As has become my custom, I jetted out of Telluride right after stopping by TFF's Labor Day picnic.  The drive back home runs right at 10 hours with stops along the way for this and that.  We also add the hour back that we gained with the move from Central to Mountain time...so it was a long day and a late night.  I'm a little fried this early morning.

This year's fest was a little different for me.  Mt pass situation was different due to the change in media status.  I knew that would mean I'd get to fewer films and that was the case.  Most years I average 10-11 films, this year I got in eight (in the order I saw them):

The Aeronauts
The Climb
Uncut Gems
The Report
Waves
Motherless Brooklyn
Marriage Story
Parasite

Regrets that I didn't catch Ford v. Ferrari, The Two Popes or A Hidden Life but I'll get them in.

By the end of the weekend, it seemed to me that two films were dominating the buzz and it will interesting to see if The People's Telluride bears out what I was hearing.

Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to say a word or two to me in lines throughout the weekend.  It's always gratifying to hear that this thing is valued by TFF attendees.


THE PROFESSIONALS TELLURIDE



Coming soon.  The Pros have already started sending me their ratings so be looking for their collective response soon.  Additionally, as I've been doing for some time now, the third part of the TFF ratings triad will come with The Composite Telluride when I combine the ratings for both groups.


That'll do for this early Tuesday...more on Thursday!

EMAIL:  mpgort@gmail.com OR michael_speech@hotmail.com

TWITTER @Gort2 (and follow me there as well)

FACEBOOK Message me on FB MTFB's Facebook Page

COMMENT TO THE BLOG



No comments: