Wednesday, August 31, 2022

SPECIAL POST: Pre-Fest Films in Elks Park / Yesterday

PRE-FEST FILMS IN ELKS PARK

One of MTFB's great friends was kind enough to pass on the flyer announcing the films that are screening in Elks Park prior to the fest beginning.  Tonight TFF will be screening the documentary Navalny and tomorrow night will feature Peter Bogdanovich's classic The Last Picture Show.

In the past the films screened at Elks Park prior to the start of the fest have been good indicators of who would be getting a tribute through the course of the weekend.  That doesn't necessarily seem to be the case this year.

Hot buzz for tributes this week for Cate Blanchett and Olivia Colman.

YESTERDAY

I have to tell you that I have backed off of yesterday's excitement re: what seemed like a big surprise for the fest.  I got considerable pushback from folks with better access than I have.  Consequently, my expectation has plummeted from about a 50/50 chance down to 10%.  

I will say this, if the film I had in mind does somehow sneak into the lineup that the people that have denied it have been very forceful and dedicated.



No comments: