Tuesday, September 3, 2024

That's a Wrap TFF #51 /The People's Telluride

THAT'S A WRAP TFF #51

Welp, my 18th TFF is in the books.  Fewer movies than usual owing to challenges both logistic and emotional.  

Not enough time to share with old friends but joyous about some of the new friends made.

Largely for me, the films I did get to see were good to great and you can't complain about that.  

For a number of years I have been blessed with meeting and conversing with so many of you that read this thing.  This year, however, it seemed that the sheer number of folks who read the blog was massive.  At one point this weekend I turned to my wife and said that I think almost everyone that's here in town has read the blog.

To all of you that took the time to speak to me this weekend know that I am humbled and gratified that you find this space useful.

For long time readers, you know that MTFB now shifts into awards season mode.  The next six months is about what occurs in the race to the Academy Awards and how Telluride films figure into the various races.

Thanks to all of you who follow...now rate the TFF #51 films for The People's Telluride (directions below).

THE PEOPLE'S TELLURIDE-12TH EDITION




For the 12th year MTFB is soliciting your input for The People's Telluride.  All you have to do is watch films during the fest and then, when it's all over, report to me your assessment of each film on a 1-5 scale with 1 being "UGH!" and 5 being "GREAT".

Report your ratings to: mpgort@gmail.com 

The deadline for this year to turn in your ratings will be Sept. 15th.

I'll compile all of your responses and post those a few days after the festival.

Finally, I need some feedback.   I often get some negative vibes from the fest.  This space is, you might say, not embraced by the organization. Should MTFB continue?  does in enhance or detract from your festival experience?  Drop my a thought along with your ratings if you're so inclined.



EMAIL:  mpgort@gmail.com

X (Twitter) @TheMTFB OR @Gort2 

Bluesky: @gort2.bsky.social

MTFB's Facebook Page

MTFB is published on Mondays and Thursdays

If you would like to be added to the MTFB e-mail list send an email to mpgort@gmail.com

1 comment:

Brad Brenner said...

I didn’t see a post about what you saw on Monday and your thoughts.