Sunday, August 30, 2009

Five Days Left...


A couple of quick notes this morning...nothing new to add definitively...just a new nugget or two.


Seems Sony Pictures Classics picked up the distribution for "The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus" two weeks ago which bumps it from my list of "Ain't gonna happen!" to "Well, at least it's possible." As I have noted in these posts before, SPC has had a good relationship with Telluride in the past.


Don't think that just because a film is on the Toronto list that it won't play at Telluride. Last year by my unofficial quick count 16 feature films played both places...For Venice, however, the incidence is much, much smaller.


A couple of other films to add to my last post that wouldn't utterly shock me to be at Telluride include Taylor Hackford directing his wife Helen Mirren in "Love Ranch" and Michael Moore's new documentary "Capitalism, A Love Story."


And finally a quick shout out to my new friend at "A Random Walk Through Film" at http://seattlefilmfest.blogspot.com/

He has been very kind to link to some of posts and pass info on...appreciate it and maybe we'll meet up in a few days...


More as it becomes available...


No comments: