Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day One


Patron Brunch...Check...good food and good conversation...talked with Laura Linney...see above. Also talked to Russian director Andrey Khrzhanovsky here with his film "A Room and a Half"... engaging fellow. May try to get his film in tomorrow.

Today' s films: "An Education" Good performances from Carey Mulligan and Alfred Molina...the picture itself...so-so...2 1/2 stars (out of 4)

"Coco Before Chanel" I'm an Audrey Tautou fan...but...film starts well and then about half hour in, the slog begins...2 stars tops.

Tomorrow: Probably "Life During Wartime" and "The Last Station" (dame Helen Mirren is supposed to do a Q &A after). AND FINALLY..."Up in the Air" will sneak preview here tomorrow afternoon...my sources on this are really good...Jason Reitman expected to be here to intro the film...I'll be there for sure.

1 comment:

The Little Yellow House said...

Went to movies last night and saw a preview for "The Road". Looked extremely intense. Don't need to see it myself, especially with the little boy getting taken. Hope you enjoy and I've been thinking of you. Say "Hi" to Laura for me.