Friday, September 3, 2021

TBAs for Friday / If You're Counting / The People's Telluride

 TBAs FOR FRIDAY

At the Galaxy: 9:45 pm The Duke

At the Werner Herzog (The Zog): 9:15 am Nuclear Family, 6:30 pm The French Dispatch, 9:15 pm King Richard

At the Chuck Jones: 6:45 pm The French Dispatch

At the Masons Hall: 4:00 pm Dear Mr. Brody, 10:00 pm Cow

The Nugget and The Le Pierre:  As I write this late Thursday night there is confusion as the Program Guide lists both The Nugget and The Le Pierre as having TBAs late Friday.  However the SHOW app    has no mention of a TBA for The Nugget but A Hero (scheduled at 9:30 pm and Citizen Ashe (scheduled at 9L45 pm) at The Le Pierre.  Based on the two TBAs spatial appearance on the paper Program Guide, my best guess is that A Hero is at The Le Pierre and Citizen Ashe is at The Nugget.


IF YOURE COUNTING...

As of Thursday night (with announced TBAs) I went 23/25 on the Final Bets but I'm still betting that The Card Counter shows up as TBA later thus weekend.  If that happens I'll have gone 24/25 missing only on The First 54 Years.  

Additionally, I can also semi-count Bergman Island and Unclenching the Fists which I had as "Also Possibles".  Kind of also feel like I can count Andrea Arnold's Cow which was a Bet or an "Also Possibles" for 10 straight weeks and then I dropped it on the Final Bets.

Another note: if The Card Counter plays that means 8 of 10 of the original Ten Bets from back at the end of June made the lineup.  Worst case: Ten Bets #1 went 7/10 and that's before any announcements from other fests that reveal premiere status.  

My horn-tooting is dome now.

THE PEOPLE'S TELLURIDE




For the ninth non-consecutive year MTFB is soliciting your input for The People's Telluride.  All you have to do is watch films during the fest and then, when it's all over, report to me your assessment of each film on a 1-5 scale with 1 being "UGH!" and 5 being "GREAT".


Report your ratings with any of the following contact methods:


EMAIL:  mpgort@gmail.com OR michael_speech@hotmail.com


No comments: