Monday, February 27, 2012

AND THE DAY AFTER

Here is last night's complete list of Oscar winners via Entertainmentwise.com (and where I was wrong in parenthesis):




Best Picture: The Artist

Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, The Artist (I had Clooney)

Best Actress: Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady (Davis for me)

Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, The Help

Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, Beginners

Directing: Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist

Cinematography: Hugo ( I had Tree of Life)

Art Direction: Hugo

Costume Design: The Artist

Makeup: The Iron Lady

Foreign Language Film: A Separation, Iran.

Film Editing: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo ( I had The Artist)

Sound Editing: Hugo

Sound Mixing: Hugo

Documentary Feature: Undefeated ( I had Paradise Lost 3)

Animated Feature Film: Rango

Visual Effects: Hugo

Original Score: The Artist

Original Song: Man or Muppet from The Muppets

Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, The Descendants

Original Screenplay: Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris

Live Action Short Film: The Shore ( Pentecost was my pick here)

Documentary (short subject): Saving Face

Animated Short Film: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore

For my night I was 18 of 24...one better than last year.

Suroises:  Streep's win over Davis, Tattoo in Editing, Hugo over Apes for Viz FX ( I actually picked that).

Telluride finished the night with 5 wins for The Artist (including the Big Dogs of Picture, Director and Actor) and one apiece for The Descendants and A Separation for a total of 7 for its 38th edition.


I'll try to have some Academy and "insider" reaction by tomorrow.

Follow me on Twitter @Gort2


No comments: