Tuesday, September 4, 2018

TFF #45 Comes to a Close / The People's Telluride Reminder-It Is Time!

TFF #45 COMES TO A CLOSE



Here's a brief post from the road as I return from Film Heaven to the real world.

Final film tally: 10 (in no specific order)

The Old Man and the Gun
First Man
Destroyer
Boy Erased
The Favourite
The Front Runner
Can You Ever Forgive Me?
Roma
Cold War
White Boy Rick

For me it's a fest that ends up in the middle of the pack as far as the 13 I have attended (2007 still sets the bar).  Personal favorites from the weekend were First Man, Boy Erased,  Can You Ever Forgive Me? and The Front Runner.

Highlights included talking with Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant about their marvelous performances in Can You Ever Forgive Me?  Comforting Laura Dern after Boy Erased (yes, that really happened).  Getting the chance to congratulate Jason Reitman and co-screen writer Jay Carson for their work on The Front Runner.  Walking out of The Zog next to the luminous Nicole Kidman and meeting or re-acquainting with so many fine folks that seem to take the time to read the space.

Sincerely, I am stunned when I meet readers and they are so kind.

Got to see/hear Robert Redford, Sissy Spacek, Casey Affleck, Nicole Kidman, Joel Edgerton, Emma Stone, Hugh Jackman, Matthew McConaughey, Alfonso Cuaron, Jason Reitman, Karyn Kusama and Yann Demange talk about their films.

Also caught sight of Ralph Fiennes, Damien Chazelle, Kathleen Kennedy, Jay Carson, Matt Bai, David Grann, Jimmy Chin, Ken Burns and, of course, Werner Herzog

I say it every year...this doesn't happen anywhere else on the planet.

Telluride Film Festival...I love you!


THE PEOPLE'S TELLURIDE REMINDER- IT IS TIME!




For the seventh consecutive year MTFB is soliciting your input for The People's Telluride.  All you have to do is report to me your assessment of each film on a 1-5 scale with 1 being "UGH!" and 5 being "GREAT".

Send those ratings to me in any of the following ways listed as contact info for me listed below.


EMAIL:  mpgort@gmail.com OR michael_speech@hotmail.com

TWITTER @Gort2 (and follow me there as well)

FACEBOOK Message me on FB MTFB's Facebook Page

COMMENT TO THE BLOG

No comments: