Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not So Smart/View of Hyde Park/Depp and Anderson/Knight Without Damsel

Good Tuesday to All!


NOT SO SMART



So, yesterday, I was doing my research thing; trying to suss put clues here and there to what might be playing at this year's fest.  I stumbled over a reference online and dug into it.  At one point I was about 90% certain that I had a backdoor confirmation that a film that I have mentioned and that has been on the Ten Bets list was a go for TFF.  Very exciting...and I'm thinking I'm a film research genius.  Then I get a response to a feeler I had sent to a source....mmm...nope...no confirmation.  Actually, more confusion...

So..."not so smart"...but I'll keep trying!

VIEW OF HYDE PARK

The Playlist has a post up this morning that shows us posters for John Hillcoat's "Lawless" which we won't see in Telluride (it opens nationally that weekend) and Roger Michell's "Hyde Park on Hudson" which I feel strongly that we WILL see in Telluride.  Here's the poster:


And the post from The Playlist:

The "Hyde Park" teaser:





JOHNNY DEPP AND WES ANDERSON

Wes Anderson is enjoying some of his best reviews for his current "Moonrise Kingdom".  Meanwhile, Johnny Depp may be the biggest movie star on the planet ("Dark Shadows" notwithstanding).  Neither film maker has made an appearance at Telluride, but that could change.  The interweb was lousy yesterday with the story that the two will apparently work together on Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" (rhetorically, does that sound a lot like John Madden's "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"?)

Check the barrage of reporting:

Deadline.com

HitFix:

The Playlist:

The Hollywood Reporter:

For hoots, here's the trailer for "Moonrise Kingdom":





KNIGHT WITHOUT DAMSEL

We have gotten used to seeing set photos of Christian Bale with various beautiful women from Terrence Malick's currently filming "Knight of Cups".  Finally, photos emerged yesterday of Bale and someone male.  Oakenfold, who I gather is something of a well known DJ are featured.  Here's a pic:




and the story from The Playlist:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/watch-yes-that-is-christian-bale-hanging-with-paul-oakenfold-shooting-terrence-malicks-knight-of-cups-20120716


More later...


Follow me on Twitter @Gort2

"Like" Michael's Telluride Film Blog on Facebook

No comments: